Here's the recipe for the cornbread I'm making (adapted from The Thrill of the Grill):
4 cups flour
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking powder
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 small red or green chile peppers, finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly oil a 2x12x8" pan.
3. Sift together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil,
peppers and onion.
5. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, then add the
melted butter and mix.
6. Bake approximately 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
The cornbread should be brown on top when done.
To the 9th Chili Party Home Page
To the 8th Chili Party Home Page
To Wat's Home Page